Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I read selectively.

I cannot wrap my head around being a member of a particular "political party". I live in the grey, I think in the grey, the black and white scare me to death; in fact, the black and white represent heaven and hell to me. But that's another topic for another time.

Today I read something posted at an "intimate gathering place" I happen to adore. You can see the post in entirity, HERE.

The 'anology' that most struck a chord with me was:

Given the monetary and military investment in Vietnam, former Assistant Secretary of State Richard Armitage compared the American withdrawal to “a pregnant lady, abandoned by her lover to face her fate.


That made me crazy out of mind to put it mildly.And here we go (oh, and welcome!)

Soul Pumpkin: In 1975 we were in the middle of a civil war in southeast asia that we had no business ever being involved in...domino theory my butt...fast forward to now...another civil war, one that's even older than the Vietnamese conflict...those tribes have been fighting since the days of Mohammed and will continue fighting long after we leave...i think some historians need to remove their blinders...would you not agree?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh: A lover turns his back on his pregnant girlfriend who is pregnant by some other man and won't quit smoking crack and drinking to save the child... plus, she continues to fuck around with other men while he's at work trying to keep himself and his family sane.
Okay. OKAY?????

Just for starters.

Love.
OUT.


No comments: