Wednesday, August 15, 2007

some historical footnotes

...journal excerpts from 31 october '89 12:25 AM

too much time since the last entry, but what else is new?...somehow muddled through another month...still have creditors on my ass but again, what else is new?...met a new friend saturday night at The Monastery...actually it was like re-meeting an old friend...an immediate and deep bond seems to be forming but logic tells me to exercise caution and take things slowly, but as i said, the attraction is strong and sudden...
...Shelleigh is her name and she's chronologically younger than i, but an old soul, wise beyond her years...

and the verses that came from that first encounter...

...there's someone rattling the bars
of my heartcage
walked right through the maze i'd made
surveyed my barriers unfazed
and swept them away with a glance and a smile...

now here a familiar stranger stands
(a lover from other times and other lands?)
with magic eyes and an artist's hands
you penetrate the facade
and stir the sleeping soul within
been asleep for ages
don't know how to begin...

and i want to begin again
but i'm clumsy and afraid...
been alone with my thoughts for so long
that the words come hard now that there is one
i wish to say them to...

2 comments:

sparrow said...

OMG Kev.

Mushroom rock... the volvo... the parking garage at Scottsdale Civic Center....

Wow... memory overload... I love that you still have your journals... I love that you still love me... I love that I love you...

Unknown said...

...some things DO last forever...