Saturday, May 16, 2009

Know Religion, Know War...No Religion, No War

it shouldn't surprise me by now that such ironic things happen...

...this weekend in Phoenix, there are two gatherings of folks at two of the major folk-gathering venues...one being a convention of the National Rifle Association (hey, does that include handguns, too?) and the other, some sort of fundamentalist Christian enclave, the name of which escapes me...admittedly, they all look and sound like used car salemen to me so i tend to hit the mute button when they come on the telly...

God and Guns...

...these two things being joined at the hip as they are would seem to fly in the face of reason, but there they are, walking hand and hand into oblivion...we have deluded young men being promised the favor of a mulitude of virgins in the afterlife for strapping on munitions and killing the infidel...we have other deluded young men, sent off to fight a rich man's war, some even sporting t-shirts saying "Yes, This Is A Crusade"...
...and we wonder why the world is crazier than a shit house rat...

...if your god tells you to kill
your god is a false god...

peace/out

11 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

Aint all wars to do with religion.....

one god fighting another god....trying to prove who is the greatest god....

or who can kill the most...

peace that is all I wish.... everyone.... with their gods and their lives.... and their souls..

((((Soul)))) love ya, happy Sunday..

x

sparrow said...

I concur.

I love you.

I love you, too Marmy.

MarmiteToasty said...

Happy Saturday afternoon dear you..... know you are loved.... as is that Pixie woman :).... love ya both..

x

MarmiteToasty said...

Holding out me hand to you if you need it.....

x

MarmiteToasty said...

Sitting quietly in the corner......

x

Unknown said...

hey...me too...i think i'll take nap...

MarmiteToasty said...

Sneaking in to snuggle up with ya whilst ya nap lol....

x

Unknown said...

ok...just don't steal the covers...

MarmiteToasty said...

I would only steal the covers if you put cold feet on me LOL

x

Unknown said...

my feets are always hot
and furry like a hobbit's...

MarmiteToasty said...

Oh I LOVE hobbit feet lmfao.... visions of big hairy feet hanging out the bottom of the bed, least I wouldnt need a hot water bottle if snuggled with you lol

x