Friday, July 31, 2009

Sarah Texting Furiously

a few nights ago, i was across the street at the pub having a nosh and a pint, ensconced in one of my favorite corners, back by the array of two story tall brew tanks where magic occurs...but that's another story for another time...
...i was sipping and munching, munching and sipping and watching the evening's assortment of humanity when a young woman (early to mid-twenties, i would guess) walks into the section and begins to anxiously look about for a few seconds...a staff person asks if she needs help and she replies she's looking for her friends back by the brew tanks...okay...they are over twenty feet tall and shiny stainless steel...she thinks she's in the right place?...then out comes the phone and she begins to text furiously...i see a guy at a table about fifteen feet away look at his digital communicator and shout "Sarah!".

...fifteen feet...gone is the sense of adventure.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

...shit...it was more like "can you see me now?"...sheeeesh...

Sorrow said...

BOL
wow, and I bet she didn't spell wr R U? right!
~giggle~

MarmiteToasty said...

Hey I text me matie when Ive got lost in the grocery shop LOL..... I text... where the F R U and she never texts back but I hear her shout from 2 aisles over.... BY THE CABBAGES YOU SILLY COW :)

yep, no sense of adventure that me LOL

x