Wednesday, November 05, 2008

mystery solved...

...as i lay down to sleep last night and all the noises of the city died to a faint murmur, i detected a strange sound in the air, seemingly coming from all directions...it was barely detectable at first, but built in intensity with each passing moment...what could this be, i thought...crickets?...a horde of locusts?...a steady tschick-tschick-tschick echoed in the dark...like the tell-tale heart in the story by Edgar Allan Poe, this sound began to drive me mad until i leapt out of bed and ran outside to find the source of the racket...
...and then it hit me...it was the sound of thousands and thousands of McCain/Palin bumper sticks being furtively scraped off in unison...

3 comments:

sparrow said...

*gasp!*

I heard that too!

Unknown said...

oh good...i was hoping that it wasn't just all in my head...

Chris the Hippie said...

That made me laugh out loud!